Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Hawks

Hawks are beautiful creatures. I saw a Cooper Hawk up close today. It was on Charlie's pigeon coop's landing board, eyeing all those fat pigeons he keeps.

Charlie said he wants to kill the Cooper Hawk.

I didn't like that idea and I went home soon after he said that.

He called me up later and we chatted and he said You seemed upset when you left. What's wrong?

So I told him I didn't like him wanting to kill the hawk.

We discussed what he can do about it threatening his pigeons in a nonlethal way.
He can trap it, and take it 100 miles away and let it go.
He can put up a mirror which might scare it off.
He can make a robot owl that moves every now and then - like a scarecrow.
He can get an Eagle Owl and move it in and hopefully the Eagle Owl will make the Cooper Hawk go away. I sent him a link where he can buy one.

I'm glad I told him what was bothering me. Now he knows not to kill the hawk or he will upset me. My opinion matters to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home