Thursday, August 30, 2012

Let's Talk about Cataract Reversal

I'm reposting this from my Facebook from February 13, 2012:

In August 2010 I was diagnosed with Posterior Subcapsular Cataract. I was warned it grows aggressively and I would need 6-month checkups to keep an eye on it.

Today's eye exam shows that I do NOT have any cataracts. What I have, says my doctor, is yellowing in the lense of each eye. This is a pre-cataract condition. She said it is Mild. She says I have Arreste

d the cataract development. She wrote down all the stuff I am doing to correct this situation.

She says we can wait a full year til next appointment. She says I could be the Poster Child for fighting cataracts the natural way.

What I have been doing to reverse this condition:
  • I eat an all-organic Diet, absolutely as much as possible
  • 1 - 4mg. of Astaxanthin daily (by Nutrex: BioAstin)
  • 1 cup of Catnip tea daily
  • 1 cup of Bilberry juice daily
  • 2 Brazil nuts daily
  • Green Salad daily
  • Seaweed daily
  • Hemp hearts daily - high in Omega fats
Additional stuff that I did not note in the original post:
  • Regular Exercise
  • Protect eyes from direct sunlight/wear sunglasses
  • Another thing I do, I cannot post about, but it has a protective effect on cataract
  • Changed my alcohol habits: the only thing I like to drink now is Elderflower Liqueur, which is so beneficial it is more like a medicine. If you drink stuff like vodka or whiskey or whatever, that's not beneficial and could contribute to causing a cataract. St. Germain's with ginger root syrup is the Best!!
  • Get enough Sleep

4 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra said...

Hi Tina,
My cataract is getting worse, an almost daily degradation. I am determined to fight it the natural way. What is it that you did and could not post about? I am quite desperate and I appreciate the advice.
Alex ( acristea@gmail.com)

7:42 PM  
Blogger Tina Rock said...

On 3/11/2013 my checkup showed that I do not have any cataract. I don't even have yellowing of the lenses. I don't need 6-month checkups any more; they gave me a 1-year appointment. Since 3/11, I have continued my anti-cataract regimen. I am committed to doing all those things I listed above, permanently.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These days instead of bilberry juice, I put bilberry extract into my catnip tea. I continue to do everything daily. --Tina Rock

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At this point I would amend my recommendations to, Avoid all alcohol, and avoid all sugar.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home